//OUR GURKHAS: SINGAPORE THROUGH THEIR EYES//
Gurkhas. The word evokes images of an elite force dedicated to protect and serve. Loyal and impartial, these men from Nepal have undergirded the security of Singapore through turbulent times — like the Indonesian Confrontation, Hock Lee Bus Riots and Maria Hertogh Riots — as well as stood guard over historic events, like the first General Election of Singapore in 1959.
Through the poignant anthology of portraits and anecdotes, experience first-hand accounts of key milestones in Singapore’s history, and marvel at the contribution of the silent sentinels who have dedicated their lives to this nation.
Pre-order books are priced at:
+ SGD $30 (Singapore)
+ SGD $35 (ASEAN)
+ SGD $35 (Rest of the World)
Retail Price in Bookstores: SGD $24.90 (before GST)
You can know more about the book through this information sheet.
From observing a former monarchy’s transition to a federal republic in Nepal and witnessing the plight of internally displaced persons in Pakistan’s military offensive against the Taliban, Zakaria was there to document events as they unfolded before his eyes. Zakaria graduated from Nanyang Technological University in June 2010.
He focuses on documentary projects and shows the changing face of Asia in conflict or in progress. His photographs and stories have appeared in several publications both in Singapore and Asia.
For further enquiries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Pre-order books are priced at SGD $20 (Singapore), $30 (ASEAN), $35 (Rest of the World).
2) Once you have sent an order, an email will be sent to you soon with payment details.
3) For bank transfer (our preferred choice), it is best to transfer from an OCBC account so that we can acknowledge payment immediately. Otherwise there will be three working days delay between interbank transfers. Drop us an email once you’ve made the transfer so we can acknowledge payment.
4) We also accept credit or debit card payments via PayPal. If you’d like to pay by your credit/debit card or PayPal, please indicate in the ‘Payment’ section when making your order. We’ll proceed to issue you an invoice via PayPal where you can make payment directly from your credit or debit card without the need for a PayPal account. If you like, you pay from your PayPal account as well.
5) Once we have received payment, we will send you a receipt as confirmation of payment.
6) Additional costs apply if you like it shipped outside of Singapore. It takes 2-3 working days to ship locally and up to 14 working days for overseas orders.